Sunday, February 15, 2009

Doing home chores as a fitness routine

IQ test are part of my life since I was a child. For that reason and some health problems, I never have been a sporty person. Nowadays I don’t have a sport routine to keep me in shape but I’m lucky and don’t gain weight easily.

Although, for being in shape intellectually you should do some exercise time to time. Have a healthy body helps to your brain to receive everything it need to work properly. But my lifestyle do not left time for routines. Accidentally I found a way to do some physical effort: chores.

Doing chores is maybe my only physical activity, after go walking. In the past decades, people did not attend to gyms to be in shape, as everybody had a lot of physical activities and some lack of the technological advantages we have, like elevators, transport, VoIP, e-mails and more, those do our life easier and help us to safe time but make us sedentary.

Here is a table with some pros and cons:

ProsCons
  • No spend money on gym or sport equipment.
  • Keep your home as a sweet home, two birds with one stone.
  • Don’t have to follow a fixed schedule; you do it on your free time.
  • It is not a real routine, so it is hard to focus in a part of your body you want to train.
  • It’s a lonely routine, if you like to be surrounded by people, it’s not recommended.

No comments: