Sunday, June 15, 2008

Ecological behavior – A challenge

What I do to save the planet? We see a lot of examples everyday, and most of them are about change drastically our habits, that’s the reason why lots of people prefer send money to ecological organizations rather than acquire good habits.

My last few acquired habits are:

- Using scrap paper at office: I made a little device (tray) to organize and use scrap paper, very practical for taking notes and drawing.
- Charging batteries with solar power: in a previous post I wrote about my solar panel to charge my batteries. Well, it's charging beside my window.
- Classify garbage: plastic, paper, others. Easy uh?
- Recycle. Well, I recycle everything I can.

My current ecological challenge is keep charged one of my mobiles (a Nokia 6103) without using electric power, just the solar panel. The trick is left the solar panel charging beside my window and charge mobile when is totally run out of energy. I want to know how many days I can do this without plug it. Make your bets!

No comments: