Sunday, June 29, 2008

Right decisions vs best decisions

During all my life, I have tried to make good decisions. Now when I feel more mature, I realize that it’s better make right decisions rather than best decisions. Those two paths are not always the same. The best decision is the logical one, where you earn more, no matter what happen, because “The end justifies the means” (Machiavelli).

What is the price of this? Live a life without thinking about consequences and damage you can make, or choose a path where you can sleep everyday with your conscience clear. This is not about being heroes, it’s about being honest with yourself.

At the end, I made my right choices and I’m happy and proud for that.

2 comments:

Jamwes said...

Words to live by. Most people don't even realise that there are two different choices. I know I struggle with it. I have to keep reminding myself to go with the right decision rather than the the best decision. Thank you for reminding me to do this.

Natalia Watanabe said...

Hi jamwes, I'm happy I helped someone think about this with my post.