Saturday, July 19, 2008

Cooking


About chores, I prefer cleaning than cooking. But I know that in the name of become independent; I have to learn to cook.

The problem is I don’t have too much time to cook complicated dishes, but also I want to explore new ones. One day I remembered a dish my mom used to cook, using Somen (Japanese noodles). I don’t know the name of it, but this is one of my favourites. And also it’s very practical. With my memories (and my sister’s), I could cook it!

Now, the recipe for 2 servings is:


Boil water in a pot. When the water is boiling, put the somen and cook it, takes around 3 or 5 minutes, just keep your eye. When it’s ready, empty the entire pot of pasta into a colander and (yes) rinse somen with cool water, to stop the cooking process. Then shake out the excess of water and pour it in a bowl.

Fry the 2 eggs separately in 2 omelettes with salt and cut them into squares of 2 x 2 cm, then chop the spring onion into little pieces (aprox. 0.5 cm).

This is the fast part, only takes 3 minutes and consist in fry the noodles lightly. If your pan is big enough, put 1 tbsp of oil and fry the noodles, stirring time to time or you are going to get a mess. Add the eggs and spring onions. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Don’t abuse of pepper… could be too spicy.

No comments: