Thursday, November 27, 2008

Nokia N95 Problem (part II) – Recovering my apps

I’m continuing with the problem. I can’t recover my apps. I think the problems started when I changed the language of the mobile, sincerely no good idea. Another possible reason was corruption on MicroSD, because later I had problems trying to take the info and put them into my backup card.

To solve the problem, I performed a hard reset, used an empty MicroSD and start again installing the apps. I recovered almost everything, and to achieve that it’s important to know where the data of each application is and how to perform a backup-restore. Here some info:
  • Step Counter.- Information is storage in a folder called “StepCounter” inside the mobile or in MicroSD. For each workout exists a .dat file, organized in monthly folders. In my case, I had previously “Activity Monitor” and some of the files are directly in the main directory. Copy all the contents, including subfolders and other files.
  • Sports Tracker.- Information is storage in a folder called “SportsTracker” inside the mobile or in MicroSD. For each workout exists a .dat file, organized in monthly folders. From previous versions, some of the files are directly in the main directory. Copy all the contents, including subfolders and other files.
  • Wellness diary.- Database is in “\System\data\wfrdb.sq” in SQLite format, in your mobile or in MicroSD. If yours is in your mobile, you need YBrowser to access the file. You copy and paste it.
  • Landmarks.- I didn’t find out where is storage, but I know how to backup and restore. In “Landmarks” app, select all and then send them to your mail or by Bluetooth. You’ll receive a “.lmx” file, a XML like format from Nokia to save the landmarks. To restore them, copy the file to your MicroSD and open the file in the mobile using File Administrator. Automatically opens an application with an option to save them locally.  
  • Nokia Maps.- All info is in the folder “cities” in the MicroSD. Copy and paste it.
  • MobiReader.- Books and annotations are stored in “eBooks” folder. Just copy and paste the contents. Synchronize with your PC if necessary.
To prevent lost of information, the most recommendable is storage everything in the MicroSD, configuring every application to use it. Also sync it time to time to prevent data lost. 

I hope this post will be useful.

No comments: