Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Nokia N95 Problem - Web browser can’t open

Today I wanted to test a WAP application and I couldn’t open the Web browser of N95. Googling I found these forums:

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/discussions/board/message?board.id=apps&thread.id=1424
http://discussions.nokia.co.uk/discussions/board/message?board.id=messaging&message.id=4446

After reading, I took a backup using “Nokia Content Copier”, synchronized it with my laptop and took of the MicroSD card. Then I tried these things in this order:
  • Update the firmware.- I run “Nokia Software Updater” but I doesn’t have available updates.
  • Take the battery out for 10 minutes.- Nope, didn’t work.
  • Erase cache.- I installed YBrowser (http://www.drjukka.com/YBrowser.html) and deleted all the contents in c:\cache. It didn’t work.
  • Soft reset.- I had some problems remembering my password but I finally did it. Bad news, didn’t work.
  • Hard reset.- My last chance... crossing my fingers I typed *#7370#. Success!
After check that web browser is working, I restored the “Nokia Content Copier” backup. Another problem: incompatibility of language. One week ago I changed the language of the mobile just for fun. I should use the last language and perform the restore. At this point everything was ok.

The real problems started when I put back the MicroSD card. Started a crosscheck validation between the mobile and card, and the result was some corruption of applications. I reset it several times, deleted files and perform restores with all combinations possible, and at this moment these applications don’t work and I can’t re-install them according with corruption of files during install:
  • Wellness diary
  • MSN Messenger
  • Step Counter
  • Nokia Maps 2.0
  • Moving Ball (due to no longer valid application)
I’ll continue working on recovering my main apps. My plan is perform a hard reset, format the MicroSD and start over again. Next step is making a list of applications and find out how to recover my personal info.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great man! IT works for me too.Awesome.Thanks

angeline said...

i did hard reset but still cant open my web browser T_T.. help...

Natalia Watanabe said...

Hi Angeline, Did you try everything in the list? What was the last thing you did with the N95 before the browser broke down?

angeline k said...

id tried the y browser but it didnt work. i backed up all my files decided to do *#7370# it set to as new as brand new but the web browser still doesnt work. it goes back to the menu page T_T

Natalia Watanabe said...

Hi Angeline. Do you have a MicroSD card right? Try to reset the mobile but without the MicroSD card. That should work.