Thursday, September 18, 2008

PortableApps - Toucan

Some posts ago, I was looking for a backup solution, and while testing PortableApps I found Toucan. Toucan is an open source program to backup your information. Some of the features include synchronization, backup and encryption.

Sincerely, I didn’t test it too much, because at first sight doesn’t look too much efficient. My first test failed, I configured a backup profile and performed it, but as the USB drives change their letters when connected to Windows, I could not make it work between my laptop and PC, and that discouraged me to continuing trying.

My second try was successful but not amazing, only copied and zipped my contents. About synchronization and remembering my experiences, I prefer don’t try it until I test deeply the backup option.

Copy-and-paste is still my backup strategy.

No comments: