Tuesday, September 2, 2008

PortableApps

Some days ago I tested “WD Sync” by DMailer, which offers synchronization of your personal data and transport your environment (wallpaper, e-mail client, Internet browser data, etc.) with your portable disc, letting you travel with only your USB portable drive, connecting it to any PC and then come back to home with your modified data. Sounds wonderful, but I still do not trust on the sync mechanism (in facts I lost data) and prefer check my e-mail using web pages.

But, today I saw the light! I found PortableApps, an interesting and open source alternative to the eternal problem about transport your information.

In my experience, this is closest thing to transport your computer. I’ll continue testing in and discovering new features. With some luck, it’ll be the solution to my adventure in December without transporting my dear laptop.

No comments: