Wednesday, October 8, 2008

How to recycle CDs and DVDs?

I'm always looking for a good alternative to recycle CDs, DVDs and their respective jewel cases. In the list of reasons to recycle them are: 
  • They are not useful anymore, like Windows 98 Installation CD.
  • They don’t work (scratched, damaged, holed, bad burned, whatever).
About the last one, I have a fun story: today I was burning a big file already cut with split, supposed to use 5 DVD, but after several tries, I screwed up 7 DVDs. The theory about the reason is that file was a zipped one, and when I burned it in pieces each byte was burned correctly but when they are accessed causes an error in CRC, something that doesn’t happen with the full file. Does somebody know a method to send an 80 GB file without using network or USB drives?

With my frustration on top, I researched again for new ways but most of them referred to contact a company and give it to them, in some cases you should pay for that, so I focus on give CDs and DVDs a second chance in the world, like a resurrection of stuff.

I found these interesting options:
Also, some people with the same concerns:

No comments: