Saturday, August 23, 2008

Maki v2.0


Surprise! For second time in my whole life, I prepared Makisushi. I had some ingredients (nori, rice vinegar, rice) from the first time, I only needed to buy the fillings and I chose spinach, omelette, carrots, dried tuna and cucumber.

The most fascinating thing about sushi is that you can fill it with whatever you want, just be original.

I cooked the rice (sushimeshi) and vegetables using microwave. Rice was a little bit difficult, but you can found some nice recipes, like this one courtesy of Sushi day (http://sushiday.com). Also you can found some interesting ideas there. To dry de tuna, I cooked drained tuna from a can in an omelete pan, very slowly. Be patient.

The secret of make a good roll is the makisu. I had one from my mom and I already bought mine. It’s really useful and necesary.

I don’t have pictures of the results just the maki before roll it, sorry. I was hungry.

No comments: