Sunday, December 28, 2008

Why I should get fun on holidays?

Every holiday is the same. Everybody asks me the same question: What are you going to do in your holidays? And New Year’s Eve is worse! If I say “Nothing”, the people start to say “poor you, you don’t have plansGrrr

Why do I have to get fun? Why!!!! It’s like I have the duty of getting fun. That’s not spontaneous and sometimes it’s not according to my mood. Why is it mandatory to do the same as all the people do?. For years I argued with a lot of people about it. One of the most recurrent topics is alcohol. I’m not totally teetotal, but I don’t put alcohol and fun in the same sentence.

My idea of getting fun in holidays is spend my time with the people I love, no matter if they drink or not. Those people respect my choices and I respect theirs. I’m blessed to have good friends. For me, a nice holiday is a peaceful day doing things I can’t do regularly, like have a nice conversation with friends or reading a book.

I don’t have plans for this New Year’s Eve yet, let’s see how it goes.

No comments: